The massive reveal of the most recent product to occur from Toyota’s GR (Gazoo Racing) division is occurring tonight (at 9:30 pm EDT), but early leaked visuals and aspects – leaked inadvertently by Toyota United states of america alone on its web page! – have spilled the beans on the model’s identification. Not that it was substantially of a secret that what Toyota is introducing to the environment tonight is the GR Corolla, a significant-general performance variant of the Corolla Hatchback that has been prolonged-rumoured and long-expected.
And so here are the 1st reveal-all pictures of the GR Corolla, alongside with the following points:
– The powertrain, centered on a 3-cylinder, 1.6L motor previously in use in the GR Yaris, will deliver 300 hp and 273 lb-ft of torque
– The powertrain also consists of a GR four-wheel-drive program
– There are Usual, Sport and Keep track of modes
– The only transmission is a 6-velocity handbook, so no automobile device is on provide
– The rear close attributes purposeful intakes and a massive spoiler, and the fenders are flared and bumpers redesigned
– The automobile rides on Michelin Pilot Activity 4S tires wrapped on 18-inch alloy wheels
– Halting is served by pink-painted brake calipers
– There will be a Start Version with bonus aspects (upgraded brakes, carbon-fibre roof and Torsen differentials, and so forth.)
– The GR Corolla goes on sale in the fall, with pricing details to occur as that start date strategies.
Which is a honest sum of information, but there will be more to appear as the design is officially introduced this evening, and we will have a a lot more detailed report for you then, along with added pictures.